AMCIS 2015 Emergent Research Forum
We are excited to announce that AMCIS 2015 will have an “Emergent Research Forum (ERF)” session that will provide researchers a platform to present their cutting edge research in multiple formats. This session will include both completed research as well as research-in-progress papers.
The organizers of AMCIS 2015 have discussed in depth the pros-and-cons of the traditional “poster” session that have been held over the years. To overcome the perception of most people that a regular poster session includes only research-in-progress papers and very little feedback is given, we have included various elements to increase the engagement and feedback level for this conference.
This new forum will enable researchers to present either completed or research-in-progress work in multiple formats and enable them to get more feedback from attendees to further their research.
All accepted ERF work will be presented in the following formats:
- A short paper (2500 words) or abstract only in the proceedings, based on author(s) choice, so that author(s) retain much of the content and copyright to embellish their work and submit for a journal publication.
- A slam presentation session during the workshop (date/time TBA based on total ERF papers) but before the poster session listed in C below. Each presentation is limited to three minutes or less. Guidelines are provided below. The presentations are meant to whet the audience’s interest for that particular research and they can follow-up with questions and feedback either at the poster session or another time. There will be no Q&A during the slam presentation.
- A Poster session during the social on Friday. There will be mechanisms for attendees to provide written feedback to authors and evaluate ERF papers for awards.
- A 3-minute video presentation (Optional). ERF participants have the option to provide three-minute video of their submitted work. These videos will be displayed throughout the conference at designated spots.
Final Submission Guidelines for accepted ERF papers
Authors of accepted ERF work should use the guidelines below for final submission of their paper and presentation at the conference.
Paper in Proceedings: Authors can either opt to include an abstract or the 2500 word limit paper for inclusion in the proceedings using AMCIS 2015 submission system at ScholarOne’s ManuscriptCentral (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amcis2015).
Slam Presentation: Please use the PowerPoint Template and submit your slides before June 15, 2015. All slam presentations are limited to three slides and 3-minute maximum and timer will start when the author starts speaking. Please follow naming convention provided in the google doc (link also in slam template). All slides will be pre-loaded so authors should be ready to make their presentation based on the numbering assigned. We would like to keep the transition to a minimum, so we urge presenters to be ready. There will be a 30 second transition between presentations.
Poster Presentation: Each ERF participant is required to have a poster display in the form of a single large printed poster. The dimensions of the poster should be 36x48 (inches). Please note that multiple page display (e.g., print out of slides) in lieu of a single poster will not be acceptable. Kindly use the provided Poster Template.
Poster Printing Options:
Option 1. ERF participants can self-print the poster. Kindly make sure to abide by the following specifications:
- Posters should be printed as single sheet poster
- Poster Dimensions: 36 inches (height) X 48 inches (width)
- Kindly use the poster template provided.
- Please note that multiple page (e.g., print out of slides) display in lieu of a single poster will not be acceptable.
Option 2. We will print the posters and have these available for display directly at the conference site for a fee of $50. This fee (payable by June 15th) includes color printing, lamination and shipping. After poster display session, the participants can take their posters back home with them. For this option, please do the following:
- Please populate the poster template (see “AMCIS2015-ERF-Poster-Template.pptx” file)
- Pay the poster printing fee by June 15th using the following link: https://ais.site-ym.com/store/ViewProduct.aspx?id=4678347.
(Optional) 3-minute Video Presentation: ERF participants should submit their 3-minute video presentation in any of the following video formats: MOV, MP4 (MPEG4), AVI, or WMV. You may refer to some of the following tutorials on how to make short videos:
- Record a slide show with narration: MS-Office Narration Slides (pdf)
- Make a video (http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Video)
- Make a video in Windows MovieMaker
- Create first video (http://wistia.com/blog/your-first-video)
- Make video with prezi (https://youtu.be/NhEVcVF8GQw)
Deadline: June 30th
For any questions or comments related to ERF Session, please contact either of the co-chairs below: